Friday, September 28, 2012

I Took a Break... The Value of "Me" Time...



I Did the Unimaginable...
I finally broke down and had to do it! Cigarettes? No! Alcohol? Nah! Crack? Nope...That's just whack! 

I took a break! That's what I did. I didn't make any pottery today, and I didn't glaze pottery either. Nope. I did other important things. 

I got an hour long Swedish Massage. This was needed! According to Marcy, my massage therapist, my back "had ripples". The long studio hours were making my back and shoulders feel as if they were knotted in a pretzel. This massage was no mere luxury...it was necessity!

Then I cleaned the house. Our humble abode had become a cluttered, dusty mess. My husband has been terribly ill with allergies, and his contribution to household cleanliness has been none. He's a clean freak too! So I chased our poor little chihuahua, Gatlin, AKA Turd and Momma's Little Hemorrhoid, with my vacuum. I also cleaned bathrooms and our kitchen. Now I can stress out about the busy season around the corner and my huge show next weekend, not the messy house. 
It felt good too! Really good! 
Next week will be seven days of hell though. Glazing time...UGH! I HATE glazing pots.


No comments:

Post a Comment