Monday, July 25, 2011

Just a Minor Bump in the Road. . .

My husband's family and I have been totally overwhelmed with dealing with family life this past week. My dear mother-in-law has undergone major back surgery. Anyone would struggle with the recovery, but Sue is in her seventies. My husband, Scott, has been distant these past few days, but his face reveals the immense pressure and anxiety he's facing with his mom in this condition. I feel totally helpless right now. All I can do is show my support and stay with her at the hospital. I've married into a wonderful family.

As far as art goes, I'm too drained to even think about it. After spending a day at the hospital, helping in every way that I can, it was all the energy and strength I could muster to complete an etsy listing and reload a kiln. We're keeping Sue in our thoughts ad prayers, and the art can wait!

God bless to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment