Tuesday, July 19, 2011

So New to the World Wide Web!

So, here's my first ever blog...Be patient with me! Afterall, I'm a newbie!

As a crafter and full-time artist in this dwindling economy, one must evolve and pursue unfamiliar territory to reach a larger audience!

A wise man once said, possibly in1920, "If they build it, they will come!" Well, I think he would say today, "If you promote it, they will come!" And promoting wisely is a must! This can be overwhelming for those unfamiliar with online sales.

I'm an expert at online purchasing though!:)

I started an etsy shop a little over a month ago.Of course I assumed it would be far easier than planned...And my momma always said, "If you assume. . .". You can finish that one for me! I've been thoroughly researching tidbits for crafters and newbies to etsy like me. I've joined teams, posted in forums, and created treasuries ( a collection of favorite items by other sellers). I was thrilled to be included in a couple of treasuries! I felt like I had won the etsy lottery!

Through all my research and inquiries in chat rooms I discovered a common theme. . .Well, besides SEO, analytics, and all that mumbo jumbo...Patience! Everyone preaches the importance of being patient. In this high tech generation, it's not good enough to sell a product you love and support. Online sales is not an instant gratification kinda thing. . .And let's face it, it's far easier to click out of an online shop than to go to an actaul "geographically-located" store and leave abruptly without being noticed!

I'll be persistent and patient and see where this train takes me. Fingers crossed! Full speed ahead!

"Today is the day!" -Mel Fisher

Regards,

Lauren Bausch

http://www.etsy.com/people/LaurenBauschOriginal?ref=si_pr

Follow me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=50500544

2 comments:

  1. Good luck and don't forget to enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Steve! I'm loving the ride! It's a tough, challenging path at times, but nothing good comes without a fight! Makes the good moments that much better.

    ReplyDelete